Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Road Home . . .


I'm sorry I've let more than two weeks of home time slip by without an update post. I've been thinking about it, but after talking to my friend Bev yesterday - she shamed me into it, calling me lazy! Not really, but it sounded good, didn't it?

Now I have to tell you, I was totally unprepared for what I found when I got home. I've told everyone and it's true -- remember the Beverly Hillbillies? Well, our yard looked like the Clampetts' poor cousins live here!



It's actually kind of shameful to show you the 'before' without showing 'after' too (I promise it's cleaned up now), but this is just part of what has occupied my time since we came home.

We've also had houseguests. Tim, Jamie & Preston arrived last weekend. They are making their rounds, staying with friends and relatives. They are here for two weeks now, then will return again in November for another four week stay.





Here's the three generations of Edwards guys. Preston has his mama's eyes, but that mouth is most definitely Edwards! He's a year and a half and quite a cracker jack. He speaks very clearly, has PaPa down pat. And I love the way he calls Kyle "KY-oh". Remembers everything! Wish I could learn so much so quickly!

And finally, I squeezed in just a teeny tiny bit of sewing. Here's some tank tops for a bachelorette party.

Gotta run for now, today I'm going wedding dress shopping with Ashley -- what fun!

No comments: